homehomeconnectabout


1.03.2011

What I Wore: NYE

I have always found NYE to be overrated.
The last four years I spent NYE in with small groups of people that mean a lot to me.

This year I wanted to go out.
To dress up, have some drinks, let loose.
So we planned to see an 80's cover band at a local dive bar.

I go dressed up, drinking a couple beers while getting ready.
(little did I know that THIS would be my favorite part of the night)
We were going to meet our friends around ten pm.
Then it took over an hour to get a taxi...no drinking and driving for us.
We get to the bar and...its over capacity. Awesome.
So 16 of us spent the next hour in the parking lot, trying to get taxi's and head to a new destination, that NO one could agree on. That's when everyone decided to just go home. YUP! And then it took another hour to get a cab.
Did I mention that the main taxi service turned OFF their phones for over two and half hours???
We got home at about 11:51pm.
Turned on Ryan Seacrest (I am slightly obsessed with him), grabbed a beer and welcomed in the New Year.

And now I KNOW that I will spend NYE on my couch from now on.

Happy New Year!



{personal images}

It was freezing so I skipped the sparkles and went with fur. Faux fur.
An all black ensemble always makes me feel good!

What I wore:
Blouse: Gap 'Shirred Blouse'
Leggings: Hue (no longer available)
Heels: Steve Madden 'Caryssa' (green suede no longer available)
Necklaces: House of Harlow 1960
{faux} Fur coat: Betsy Johnson (blogged about here)
Clutch: Marc Jacobs 'Eugenie' in Fuschia (similar color)

1 comment:

  1. I too have always found NYE overrated...sorry it was a bust, but hey, at least you looked great!

    ReplyDelete

comments from INSPIRING people

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails