homehomeconnectabout


9.17.2013

What I Wore: Red All Over

Starbucks has politely told me that it is "Fall". I'm suddenly down an extra $25 bucks a week buying those dang PSL's, iced, because it is still too dang hot here in So Cal. While other parts of the country are starting to feel the weather cool down, we are just now hitting our 'Summer'. But it is never too early to start thinking about how I can transition my Summer pieces to wear in the Fall. 

One piece that I consistently wore all summer were my maxi dresses. It is seriously the easiest and most comfortable thing to wear day in and day out. You look "dressed" with one piece. Serious no brainer. I also wear flip flops pretty much every day. My feet are claustrophobic I tell you! Well the other day it was 78. That is Fall weather for sure! So I wore a scarf with my strapless maxi and flip flops. Perfect. Lol. The easiest way I can think of transitioning my dress for Fall is to throw on a jacket (I may have pushed it a little with the leather jacket. I sweated to death) and chose booties instead of flip flops. I took the look from Summer to Fall by adding two pieces. I am sure that I will have some other combos to share with you in the next few weeks so I will wait to share the rest of my styling tips ;) In the meantime, I hope you enjoy this look. I think I look like a Bad Ass. LOL. That doesn't happen often!

Red All Over




What I Wore:

Jacket: 
Scarf: Nordstrom, older (similar)
Booties: Sam and Libby 'Paxton' (completely obsessed!!!)
Sunnies: Ray Ban 'Large' Aviator (I have prescription lenses in mine which make them darker)

14 comments:

  1. you look so cute! I Love the aviators!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have the aviators in two other colors. Def my go to sunnies because they go with everything and are timeless!

      Delete
  2. I'm so excited that red is really back for fall! Love this look on you too!!!

    Show off your look! Come get inspired and link up at Whatcha Wearing Wednesday! www.themummychronicles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never been a person that is drawn to red but lately i LOVE it! Thank you!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE this!! Anything with a leather jacket and I'm sold. Also, I had to laugh about your feet being claustrophobic, I can't handle my feet being confined either. There are times socks about send me into a panic attack haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I HATE SOCKS!!! I only wear them when I work out or wear boots. They come off the second i walk into my house! So glad you like the look!

      Delete
  4. I love pairing leather jackets with dresses, but at 78 degrees?? Man, that's summer weather here! :P

    The Random Writings of Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA... the jacket lasted about 15 minutes. I was a little ambitious ;) BUT when it does actually get below 65 it will be perfect!

      Delete
  5. I can't wait to see how you continue styling maxis. Love this look and the hard and soft balance here. As always you are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I totally had you in mind when writing this post! I have a couple more easy looks that I am hoping will look just as cute! Disney date soon!

      Delete
  6. LOVE jackets paired with maxis for fall! That dress is smokin'!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the color of that dress! You look fantastic woman!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This look is perfection! The red is gorgeous on you and I love the leather jacket with it. I need new booties for Fall. Definitely going to check these out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bad ass for real! Love this outfit combination!

    -Mel
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/blushbazaar

    ReplyDelete

comments from INSPIRING people

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails