homehomeconnectabout


4.09.2013

What I Wore: Sunday Best

I am constantly growing and changing.
I LOVE to learn. I am forever going to be working on myself in an effort to always be the best version of me. I am also extremely critical of myself, I can be very mean to myself and could always use a boost of self esteem. I have made some incredible decisions in my life (leaving my career, losing weight) and made some extremely BAD decisions (mostly when it comes to men). I have a hard time forgiving myself and I realized that it is affecting my growth in relationships. I had a conversation last week that really left me convicted (and I don't feel like that often) and got me thinking. I need to make some changes in my life, again, and finally forgive. Forgiveness is powerful, it has to do more with yourself than the other person(s). I am on my way to being able to open up again. It is freeing.

 Since I had all of these thoughts going on in my head I decided it was time to head back to church. I haven't been a regular church goer in years. I am apprehensive but know it is what I need. I went by myself. I do most things by myself so this isn't unusual or a major feat for me! I error-ed on being a little dressier for church. Black blouse, black dressier shorts and a jacket. I was over dressed (this isn't unusual for me wither. Haha). But I looked cute and felt good about myself so that's all that matters! And I will dress more casual next week! ;)

Sunday Best


What I Wore:

Blouse: Lush, no longer available (similar)
Shorts: Xhilaration
Jacket: Halogen, no longer available (similar in shape but darker, similar coloring, cute option)

Linking up with The Pleated Poppy

9 comments:

  1. LOVIN the heels ;) I thrifted a similar pair a while ago, made me so dang happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I struggle with forgiveness. It's so difficult. Now can we talk about your legs?! I'd die for legs like that. Looking good

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for figuring out what you need and working to get it. I think forgiveness is one of the hardest things to give but feels so good when you really do it. Hope that you can get to that place.

    I love this look on you! You look so pretty. The blue of that jacket is such a great color and it stands out nicely with the black.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just ordered shoes similar to those! Can't wait til they arrive.

    xoxo
    Erin

    The Fashion Canvas
    www.thefashioncanvas.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good lady!
    I love love love this outfit!!
    :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a chic jacket! Yuo look absolutely fabulous!!
    BTW, I am coming over here from pleated poppy linkup!! Love ur blog! Have a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    PS. I am hosting an amazing giveaway on my blog, hope you would participate!
    Enter $40 giftcard giveaway by Lorraine Tyne

    ReplyDelete
  7. lookin good! don't ever be mean to yourself or question your decisions, it all works out in the end! You should read The Secret!!!!! ps- i also think you should do a series on your blog about men, i feel like you are a secret Carrie Bradshaw!

    ReplyDelete
  8. well you certainly look adorable! And I always believe it's better to be overdressed than underdressed :) Your hair looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Over over dressed or not you look cute. What church did you go to? I think we live nearby. We go to Mariners Irvine.

    ReplyDelete

comments from INSPIRING people

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails