homehomeconnectabout


5.16.2012

Hana Flat Iron

Hair.
We have it, we love it or we hate it, most people want the type of hair they don't have. I have spent years trying to work with my natural texture. Thousands of dollars on styling, products and accessories to try to make my hair look decent. I have dry, coarse, frizzy hair. I tend to liken my natural hair to resemble Mufasa from The Lion King. Yes, my friends, my hair is THAT good. ;)

 This is actually a BETTER "dried" hair day!

When the kind marketing team at Misikko reached out to me to try their 1.5" Hana Flat Iron, I could NOT pass up the opportunity. I mean, I get to try a top of the line product and tame my beast! Done and Done!

I have spent the last three weeks using this flat iron and trying my hand at different styles. The flat iron heats up SUPER fast and gets up to 400 degrees which is SUPER important in my book. I need the heat to really make a difference on my hair. I love that the plates are wider (my last flat iron was less that an inch wide). You may laugh but my favorite thing was that the iron came with a heat resistant carrying case. I tend to be on the go and have been taking a ton of weekend trips so being able to unplug and pack it immediately has been huge. I have forgotten to grab my flat iron numerous times because it was cooling down. 

I want to show you three ways that I was able to style my hair. 

First, I obviously did the basic and straightened my hair. It took me about 6 minutes and was sleek and straight ALL day. I have to say that I don't care for my hair straight and you won't see it straight often!


Second look, my go to hair style is waves/curls. I LOVE that I can use a straightener to get my hair to look exactly like I would with a 1 1/4 inch curling iron. It takes me about 12 minutes to do my hair like this. I wore my hair in this style the third day of Stagecoach in Palm Desert and it stayed all day and night (I did have the desert, dry heat on my side. My hair always looks best in the desert!)


My third look, is true beachy waves. I only half curled, large pieces of hair with the straightener. I then used Bumble and Bumble beach spray to give it texture and make it look piecey. This look took me about 5 minutes.

 Sorry for the grainy iPhone pic.

I feel like I won the lottery being given this straightener!
If you are in the market for a new Flat Iron I would highly suggest checking this one out.

I was given the flat iron for the purpose of the review. All opinions are my own.

10 comments:

  1. Love love your hair straight, curly, or beachy! So nice when you can find a flat iron that actually works. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your hair all three ways. My favorite may be the beachy waves. So cute! Great review. Now that my hair is gotten longer I need to invest in a different straightener.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love! I actually got one a ways back and never used or reviewed it, looks like it's time to give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this- the dress from Target is really cute- I need a full body shot:) I also would love a tutorial on how you curled your hair with the flat iron if you are willing, I have tried but I always get weird kinks in my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair looks GREAT! I love the curly looks; the beachy of course is my fave!
    xx
    Lia
    Smart n Snazzy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's pretty darn impressive! I love it all three ways. You're gonna have to try that out on me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm OBSESSED with my Hana flat iron- obsessed! It's SO good, love all your hair looks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. dang girl! you're a pro w that iron. i need you to teach me the skills

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so jealous that you got a fab straightening iron for free!! My trust old hai that I've had since forever is dying on me. How did you get such great waves with the iron??

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like you straightened hair.Because you are looking very beautiful with this hair style.

    Best Flat Iron For Hair

    ReplyDelete

comments from INSPIRING people

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails