homehomeconnectabout


4.02.2012

What I Wore: The Classics

I don't consider my style to be classic. 
I think I wear a lot of basic pieces and find a way to make them seem slightly more interesting. But classic has a completely different meaning to me than basic does. Classic pieces are staple pieces. The pieces that you should have in your closet at all times. The pieces that fit you perfectly and that you feel good in, every single time you wear them. 

I was getting ready for dinner the other night and didn't have much time to think about what I was going to wear. I pulled out a basic white tee and knew I wanted to pair it with a blazer. I still feel like I am headed to Corporate America when I wear a blazer so I felt like I needed a really casual bottom. I threw on some skinny jeans and it just didn't feel right (too "dressy" for the look I was going for). So I busted out my BF jeans. To keep the look a little funkier I pulled out my Zara heels (I lost a tassel and didn't realize it until I was going through my pics to write the post. SO SAD! :() and loved how they pulled the outfit together. I ended up wearing three classic pieces in my wardrobe. That hardly ever happens. So here is my take on the blazer with jeans look.

The Classics


 What I Wore:

Blazer: Halogen
Jeans: Gap BF
Heels: Zara (Similar)
Neckalces: Vintage Locket and My Name Necklace (.com)
Ring: Jewelmint 'Aqua Bomb' and Kendra Scott 'Tela'
  

P.S. I FINALLY joined Bloglovin'. 

7 comments:

  1. This is definitely a classic look and I love it on you! Would be perfect in so many situations and I love that you added a little something extra with the boyfriend jeans and snake print in the heels! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the necklace, I have my name in a necklace too;) u have the most beautiful hands, HAND MODEL

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are rockin' the boyfriend jeans and blazer girl. too cute!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm such a fan of those shoes, dang they are so awesome! I didn't know you owned them (like I know every single pair of shows you own haha). Oh, and my BF jeans aren't distressed like yours are...hmmm, I like the rips!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute! i love the bf jeans paired w the blazer and heels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO stylish! you definitely had your own pizazz to the classics- and i love it. I think that's the best way to do it. I am obsessed with casual menswear like this on the ladies so I adore!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a perfect classic look. I love the way you styled it and I love those shoes. It's a shame you lost a tassel.

    ReplyDelete

comments from INSPIRING people

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails