homehomeconnectabout


9.30.2011

What I Wore: Un-planned Color Blocking

Thursday was pretty fantastic!

I feel so blessed to have had {small} success with my blog.
This journey has brought so many people into my life that feel like real life friends.
I know that I have people scattered across the good ole' U.S of A that I can count on!
Meeting Amanda, in real life, was such a positive experience. I am 100% sure that I have a new friend for life. She is fabulous and the worst thing is knowing that she lives 3,000 miles away and that we cannot hang out on a regular basis.

I picked her up and we headed to Starbucks. I jumped out of my car to hug her the second I saw her. Can I tell you that she was wearing this Stylemint top AND a turban??? We are so meant to be friends. She also had on an amazing pair of wedges that I would have stolen off of her feet if I could have! Obviously she could have worn sweats and Teva's and I still would have loved her. She is funny and talkative. There was not one, for reals, awkward moment. I think we talked so much we forgot to breathe. Trying to fill each other in on our lives is hard to do in an hour! LUCKY for me, her lunch plans got canceled, so I took her to one of my favorite Mexican food places for lunch. We continued to talk. I was so sad to leave her to get my hair done. SO SO SO sad. I wish I could have spent all day with her. True, real friend. I encourage all of you to meet the bloggers and readers that you fell a connection with. It is so amazing!



Sorry it is a little grainy :(

I was sad to leave Amanda BUT I was excited to get my hair done and to see my amazing friend/hair stylist, Jenny! She is such an amazing woman who JUST got married and I was so excited to hear all of the details. We completed step two of my hair process. Blonde is back in! I have some Ombre going on! Woot Woot! We will hopefully finish the process in a few weeks. YAY! THANK you Jenny for ALWAYS making me feel beautiful. LOVE you!

I was gone all day and knew I would be sitting a lot. I wanted to be comfy. So I wore a fancy sweatshirt and shorts. I liked the color combo and realized that I was totally color blocking without knowing it. I have a small piece of leopard to sass up the outfit. My flip flops were one of my best buys ever from Old Navy. Seven bucks. I wear them all of the time. On my days off I tend to wear earrings and rings. I skip the bangles and necklaces when I can. 

Un-Planned Color Blocking

  I don't know what I was thinking posing backwards (besides showing you my fancy sweatshirt) because my butt looks bad! Ugh...sorry friends! :p

What I Wore:
Sweatshirt: Mossimo
Shorts: Old Navy
Sandals: Old Navy
Rings: Jewelmint, Alexis Bittar

4 comments:

  1. It is so nice to hear about other bloggers meeting up and really having such a fun time! I was so happy when I met Amber (Real Girl Glam)!

    Love the new hair and can't wait to see the finished look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow how fun!!! :) That is so great that you guys had such a nice time together. It really is amazing that most of us have never met but we can consider each other friends, so nice! Your hair looks great and I love it with the little bit of curl. So Pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I'm so happy you feel the same way I do. I was little scared I talked to much haha. But i LOVED you but duh, i knew that would already be true. You have a fantastic soul and we are def friends for life! Get planning on your NY trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love meeting other bloggers!! Creative people are the best :) Sounds like a great time!!! -R (Distinct.Style.Innovation / Giveaway!)

    ReplyDelete

comments from INSPIRING people

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails