homehomeconnectabout


6.23.2011

My guest post for Balanced Libra

Last week I wrote a guest post over at Balanced Libra.
I wanted to share my post, Project:Stylist, with you all! I thought it was a fun post and totally up my alley! Hope that you like it!



Hello Balanced Libra readers!
I am so excited to be guest blogging for Jess.
I can normally be found at "Life in the Fashion Lane".
I am a total lover of all fashionable things and love sharing my style and obsessions.
Click on my button below to stop by and say HI!




Jess and I have been friends for over 12 years! SO crazy.
She is beyond beautiful and knows how to live life to the fullest.
I am flattered that she loves me and my style enough to choose an outfit for her.

I present you...PROJECT: STYLIST
Goal: to find an appropriate outfit for a Catholic baptism for around a hundred bucks

I chose this outfit worn by Mandy Moore as my inspiration for the look.
I KNOW that I should have gone a little more traditional with a sheath dress with a skinny belt like Kate Middleton would wear but I wanted Jess' to be slightly edgier. I really like how Mandy is very demure on top yet still looks young and sexy by showing just the right amount of leg! I think that this look is PERFECT for a baptism in Southern California.

All of the looks are from Forever 21.
Each outfit is around sixty bucks, which leaves room to buy some FAB accessories OR choose to dig into your own jewelry box to complete the look. (JESS has an incredible accessories closet ).

Look One (the outfit to the left of Mandy):
This outfit was my take and the closest to emulating my inspiration. I really love the colors of the blouse and the yellow skirt is trend right and would complement Jess' coloring. After all, she is a blonde haired, blue eyed BEAUTY! I chose the neutral shoe because I wanted the outfit to take center stage but the bow detailing makes the shoes interesting without overpowering her look AND it matches the bow belt on the skirt!

Look Two (the outfit directly to the right of Mandy):
If an outfit can SCREAM my style this is it. I saw the faux leather skirt and KNEW I had to include it. The color is gorgeous and the length is perfect. The skirt has a somewhat masculine feel to it so I paired it with a lacy, peasant top. The blouse balances out the toughness of the skirt. I adore the shoes. The are menswear inspired and I think they complete the look. I would pair this with a simple men's watch, tons of bangles and a delicate necklace OR layers and layers of pearls.

Look Three (the outfit all the way to the right):
This outfit may be a little sexier due to the color and fabrication of the top BUT I still think it works. Tucking this top into a pencil skirt gives the look sophistication. The strappy, peep toe pump with a solid heel is perfect to balance out the look. I think pairing it with a black, patent skinny belt, large hoop earrings and some bracelets would make this a great option.


Well, friends....What do you think?
Which outfit do you think Jess will wear?

I hope that you enjoyed this post and that I will be seeing you in the blogosphere!

Xoxo, Mandy


No comments:

Post a Comment

comments from INSPIRING people

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails