homehomeconnectabout


5.06.2011

Fashionista Friday: Metropolitan Museum Costume Institute Gala

I feel like this post is such a copy cat post!
I am posting about this event later and really have nothing new to say that other blogger's haven't already said. BUT it is MY FAVORITE fashion event of the year and has been since I was in college. I also collect the books sold at the museum of each exhibit. NYC is my favorite place and my love affair runs deep. This event is generally when we see the biggest fashion risks taken. Many of the celebs pair up with a designer and rock some truly avant garde pieces. This year was no exception. I definitely loved fewer dresses than usual and found many to be quite hideous. It hurts my heart to say that.

Without further ado, here are my TOP PICKS.

BEST DRESSED: Ginnifer Goodwin
I loved the risk, the color, the cut, the shoes, the make up and the jewelry.
She looked like a Fashion ROCKSTAR.
PLUS...it is TOPSHOP. Affordable. Crazy.

The MOST beautiful couple:
Diane Kruger and Joshua Jackson
She is always dressed impeccably. I love the detail on the bodice and the sexy slit.
He is just amazing to look at.
They remind me of an old Hollywood couple.
Swoon.

SEXIEST ensemble: Gwyneth Paltrow

Hot DAMN!
She looks sensational. The color of the dress is amazing, the backless and extremely high slit scream sex appeal and her shoes are simple and elegant.

Best Dressed Newbie: Taylor Swift
Taylor is dressed so age appropriate. The details of the bodice and skirt are gorgeous and the one shoulder makes the look youthful. Her make up is flawless and it is nice to see her hair in a soft chignon. She looks like a model.

Best Color: Brooklyn Decker
The hot pink dress in such a simple yet sexy shape is to die for.
I love how covered up the top is since the dress shows her entire leg.
I am also enamored with the shoes. They match her skin tone perfectly (and I have been looking for a pair like that for a year. I NEED)


***All images via JustJared.com***

All of these ladies stand out and show their inner Fashionista.
Who were your favs???



2 comments:

  1. YES! I have to totally agree with your picks! Diane Kruger is FLAWLESS!!!

    http://www.glamlatte.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gwyneth! Wow, she is amazingly beautiful. Also flawless in the most simple beautiful ways.

    ReplyDelete

comments from INSPIRING people

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails