homehomeconnectabout


1.16.2012

What I Wore: Mad for Plaid

Happy Monday!
The weekend goes by so quickly, doesn't it? I hope you all had a nice weekend and that you got to check out all of the Golden Globes fashion! There were some beautiful dresses! I love Awards season...and the Globes are the "kick off". It is nice to have something girly to watch in between the NFL playoffs and the NBA. I had a nice weekend. Spent some time in LA, watched the Patriots/Broncos game and hung out with the BFF watching the Golden Globes. I also worked out five times last week with a LONG cardio work out on Saturday to end the week. It felt good. The worst thing about working out so much is that I have to wash my hair all of the time (when I didn't work out I washed it twice a week) and washing it means I have to actually dry it. Blah! Since I hate actually doing my hair it has ended up in braids, under a hat or in a bun. The styling process is awful and the heat destroys my hair so I am trying to be creative. I am using A LOT more dry shampoo ;)

I wore this outfit out in Hollywood the other night. You can see that I am wearing plaid. Again. Since plaid shirts can be a little more masculine I made sure to add some girly touches. My Carrie Bradshaw bun, a delicate necklace and HIGH heeled sandals did the trick. I am weird about making masculine pieces seem more feminine. I have to point out that this top is very fitted. I think wearing a form fitting plaid top is more "girly" than the longer, looser flannels I am drawn too. I don't normally wear tight fitting tops and I am trying to get used to it. I know that my style will change as different clothes start to fit and look better on me. This outfit was perfect for the bar we went to. I felt cute and appropriately dressed.

Mad for Plaid



What I Wore:

Top: Mossimo
Tank: LC Lauren Conrad
Jeans: Gap
Shoes: YSL 'Tribute'
Earrings: Kendra Scott
Necklace: Dana Rebecca Designs 

6 comments:

  1. Glad you had such a great weekend! Congrats on working out five times this week! Good job. I haven't worked out enough, but I am trying to get better. Love your plaid and those shoes are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This outfit is absolute perfection on you, my dear! I adore plaid shirts and this one is so nice! I love the colors. And you did a fantastic job of making the look more feminine with your hair and those heels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable. love the plaid and really love the heels.
    http://www.indieelectronicalternative.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely mad for plaid! You look so cute! :) Love the bun. Perfect mix of casual & girly!

    ReplyDelete

comments from INSPIRING people

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails