homehomeconnectabout


3.11.2010

Seventy: Look for less




















Chambray is a huge color for spring.
I loved this picture of Haylie Duff sporting the trend.
On celebstyle.com they try and find the exact outfit that a celebrity is wearing. I love the outfit but I would not spend $2800 on one outfit (the Vince top is $185).
I wanted to see if I could find the look, accessories and all, for $500 bucks. I went to Nordstrom.com to find everything.

Here is what I came up with...

Trouve Light Chambray top. TBD. $58


Hue denim jeggings. Hosiery. $32


Marc by Marc Aviators. Accessories. $98


Michael Michael Kors. Womens shoes. $99.90 sale item


Gianni Chiarini Italian leather hobo. Handbags. $158


DKNY watch. Jewelry. $85

Mandy's look total: $531.90

I went over by 30 bucks...but I got everything including a real leather bag. Not too shabby.

Do you spend a lot on trends or do you find a cheaper way to incorporate?



2 comments:

  1. I got myself a pair of Jeggings in the TBD department the other day and I've gotta say I'm not loving them. I think it's because they are so tight for a true denim that I just feel like I'm suffocating a bit! I think I will have to try a knit denim look like the one you suggest above. And $38 for the pair!?! I'm all over it :) I got the Jo pair for $88...still not bad, but a little pricey for something i know is so trendy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still in love with this post! Love love love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

comments from INSPIRING people

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails