homehomeconnectabout


2.14.2010

forty one: "cold weather" special

I did a "photo shoot" with a close friend of mine in January.
(Check out her work. She is awesome.)
We spent months going back and forth on what theme we should do. What I would wear. Trying to make sure that we capture the essence of my LOVE for fashion and certain eras.

Up until the day before I was going with a Forties theme wearing a black dress with a dramatic veiled headband. OH and my YSL Tribute Too's. :) And then I was thinking of going nautical. White sailor pants, blue striped shirt, red and gold wedges and chunky gold jewelry.

But then I saw this picture
And I fell in love with her cape-like poncho.
And I longed for cold weather attire.

I happened to be on a work trip in Denver and found something similar, on sale in the Accessory department at Nordstrom. I loved it and started plotting my NEW vision.
The day after my shoot, California had the first torrential downpour. For days.
We experienced flooding and tornados. It was crazy. Especially for Cali.
So I took it as a sign that I made the right decision to wear cold weather attire.

Here is how my vision came to play...


What I wore:
Cape/Poncho: Nordstrom Cashmere
Tank and leggings: Nordstrom BP label
Boots: Jessica Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments from INSPIRING people

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails