7.13.2011

What I Wore: Casual Color Blocking

I am linking up with The Pleated Poppy!
I love seeing the outfits of "regular" people (not that I don't love the true Fashion Bloggers and their fierce outfits) it is nice to see what people wear on a daily basis running errands, working and raising kids.

pleated poppy

This is my first real attempt at color blocking.
I don't know why I haven't experienced with this trend a little more. It is SO fun. Really, you cannot go wrong when you pair your two favorite colors. Purple and Coral just make me happy! I wore this outfit to Bible Study and my two friends BOTH complimented me on my color blocking. I LOVE that they picked up on the trend and what I was trying to express. I think that this is a pretty casual outfit. All the basics thrown together. After seeing Jenn at The Looks for Less's post on her color blocking I was so inspired! My hair inspiration is from Amber at Real Girl Glam. I LOVED how her hair looked for Everybody, Everywear.
Casual Color Blocking





 What I Wore:
Cardigan: Gap (no longer available. Last seen HERE)
Top: H&M ruffled crew neck (no longer available)
Sandals: Sam Edelman (last seen HERE)
Jewelry: Michele watch, 31 bits and Argento Vivo bracelets, Kendra Scott earrings

8 comments:

  1. yayyy for plum shorts in this get-up! i think plum is one of the prettiest colors to colorblock! i have a plum pencil skirt i used to color block to work. its my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! You did a great job with it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks great! Jennifer's look on The Looks for Less was AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your colorblocking! All this colors are PERFECTION together. I haven't really tried much with colorblocking either, I've got to work on it. LOVE the hair too, it looks great!! :)Thanks for the mention!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bright colorblocking - so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found you from the WIWW linky. Great color on you. You can check out my look here:

    http://www.momtrends.com/2011/07/what-i-wore-wednesday-9/

    All about dressing for the heat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute ruffled top & love love love the plum shorts! I'm totally into colored shorts this summer & wear them almost daily! Gotta get me some plum though!

    ReplyDelete

comments from INSPIRING people

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails